A ceasefire in Sudan appears to be holding after taking effect at midnight on Monday.
This is the fourth attempt to stop the fighting which began on 15 April, with previous truces not observed.
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the 72-hour truce had been agreed between the army and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces after 48 hours of negotiations.
At least 400 people have been killed in the hostilities.
Both sides in the conflict independently announced their involvement in the ceasefire.
Since the violence began, residents of the battle-scarred capital Khartoum have been told to stay inside, and food and water supplies have been running low.
There are hopes the ceasefire will allow civilians to leave the city.
Foreign governments will also hope it will allow for continued evacuations out of the country.
Countries have scrambled to evacuate their diplomats and civilians as fighting raged in central, densely populated parts of the capital.