1500 meters world champion Timothy Cheruiyot has been shortlisted for the Male World Athlete of the Year.
Cheruiyot will be joined by 10,000 and 5,000 meters record holder Ugandan Joshua Cheptegei and Jacob Kiplimo.
The award will have a new winner this year after marathon record holder Eliud Kipchoge won it in 2018 and 2019.
The World Athletics Council and the World Athletics Family will cast their votes by email, while fans can vote online via the World Athletics’ social media platforms.
The nominees for 2020 Male World Athlete of the Year are:
Timothy Cheruiyot, Kenya
– ran world-leading 3:28.45 over 1500m
– undefeated in three 1500m races.
Joshua Cheptegei, Uganda
– broke world records at 5000m (12:35.36), 10,000m (26:11.00) and 5km on the roads (12:51)
– was fourth at the World Athletics Half Marathon Championships on his debut over the distance
Jacob Kiplimo, Uganda
– won world half marathon title in a championship record of 58:49
– ran a world-leading 7:26.64 over 3000m, the fastest time in the world since 2007
Donavan Brazier, USA
– ran world-leading 800m times indoors (1:44.22, North American indoor record) and outdoors (1:43.15)
– won all seven of his races over all distances
Ryan Crouser, USA
– undefeated in 10 shot put competitions
– his 22.91m world-leading performance moved him to equal third on the world all-time list.
Mondo Duplantis, Sweden
– broke the world record in the pole vault twice (6.17m and 6.18m) and produced the highest outdoor vault of all time (6.15m)
– undefeated in 16 competitions
Noah Lyles, USA
– undefeated in five finals
– ran a world-leading 19.76 over 200m
Daniel Stahl, Sweden
– won 17 of his 19 discus competitions
– threw a world-leading 71.37m
Johannes Vetter, Germany
– won eight of his nine javelin competitions
– threw a world-leading 97.76m, the second farthest throw in history
Karsten Warholm, Norway
– ran a world-leading 46.87 in the 400m hurdles, the second fastest performance in history
– undefeated in nine 400m/400m hurdles races and set world best of 33.78 in 300m hurdles.